What is The Work?
The Work is a simple yet powerful process of inquiry that teaches you to identify and question the thoughts that cause you to suffer. It’s a way to understand what’s hurting you, and to address your problems with clarity.
People who do The Work as an ongoing practice report life-changing results.
- Alleviation of depression: Find resolution, and even happiness, in situations that were once debilitating.
- Decreased stress: Learn how to live with less anxiety or fear.
- Improved relationships: Experience deeper connection and intimacy with your partner, your parents, your children, your friends, and yourself.
- Reduced anger: Understand what makes you angry and resentful, and become less reactive, less often, with less intensity.
- Increased mental clarity: Live and work more intelligently and effectively, with integrity.
- More energy: Experience a new sense of ongoing vigor and well-being.
- More peace: Discover how to become “a lover of what is.”
For people interested in experiencing the work, I run “Introduction to the Work of Byron Katie” one day seminars and facilitate individuals in one to one sessions using the work on an ongoing basis.
To read more about the work, please see this article I wrote about it here.
About Byron Katie
In 1986, at the bottom of a ten-year fall into depression, anger, and addiction, Byron Katie woke up one morning and realized that all suffering comes from believing our thoughts. She realized that when she believed her stressful thoughts, she suffered, but that when she questioned them, she didn’t suffer, and that this is true for every human being. Her simple but powerful method of inquiry is called The Work.
The Work consists of four simple questions and a turnaround, which is a way of experiencing the opposite of what you believe. When you Work with a thought, you see around it to the choices beyond suffering.
Katie has been bringing The Work to millions around the world for more than twenty years. Her free public events, weekend workshops, nine-day School for The Work, and 28-day residential Turnaround House have brought freedom to people all over the world.
Byron Katie’s six books include the bestselling Loving What Is, I Need Your Love—Is That True?, and A Thousand Names for Joy. For more information, visit www.thework.com.
For worksheets and other materials necessary to do a session of The Work, please go to About the work and download what you need from there.
To inquire about a one day experience of doing the work please Contact me
Longer article on how The Work works! -> here